Your first appointment with us will be about getting to know each other. We will discuss what brought you to our practice, learn about your medical history, and talk to you about your goals. You will be given clinical evaluation as well.
Before your appointment, however, members of our team of oral surgery and dental implant specialists will take the time to meet with your referring doctor to thoroughly review the details of your case. They will discuss your specific situation, discuss outcome goals, review options, and together they will develop a treatment plan that is tailored to your specific needs. This is an integral part of our interdisciplinary approach to patient care.
During your first visit, you’ll be presented with treatment options and have the opportunity to ask any questions you might have. We will work with you to determine an effective course of treatment that you feel comfortable with. By the end of your appointment, we want you to feel educated, empowered, and engaged in your care.
In most cases, we will schedule a second appointment with you for treatment. This is particularly true for more complex services or if you have issues in your medical history that need to be taken into account. At that appointment, we’ll go over each step of your treatment plan with you again and perform the procedure.
Helpful information to bring to your first visit:
- X-Rays (if applicable). You can either bring them with you or request your doctor send them to us before your appointment date.
- List of current prescription medicine you are taking.
- List of any medical conditions that could affect your treatment.
- Completed patient registration forms. This will save you time at your appointment.
- Insurance information: If you have dental insurance, please bring your card and any necessary completed forms, including referral paperwork (if applicable). This will also save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
PLEASE NOTE: Patients under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian on their first consultation visit.